It is the policy of Day Care Plus Inc. to be free of all pests, we will achieve this goal by the following practices.
• Prevent access to the interior of the building.
• All opened food will be kept in a air tight container.
• Kitchen will be cleaned daily, counter free of food debris and spills
• Floors and counters will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
• No perishable items will be stored in the basement.
• All edible items used in the sensory motor table will be described at the end of the day.
Daily Inspections will be preformed of the center to insure that it is free of pest. In the event of visual signs of pest present, the following procedures will be preformed.
• Pest control will be contacted.
• We will follow all recommendations as long as they are safe for the children and caregivers.
• If pesticides need to be used the center will contact parents 24 hours in advance, they will be informed as to what is being used and where. (included indoors and outdoors)
• All insecticide applications will be done while the center is unoccupied, and remain unoccupied for a period of no less than 24 hours or longer if required by the pesticide label use directions.
• Center will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
Parents will receive advanced written and verbal notice of pesticide applications.
Advance notice will contain information about the pesticide, including the target pest or purpose, approximate location, date of the application.
Information about pesticides is available at Michigan Department of Agriculture.
Michigan Department of Agriculture